The duration of the visit is two hours and the level of difficulty is medium. In addition to the bilingual panels in the Visitor Centre and inside the cave, an expert guide will explain the features of this unique volcanic cavity. The visit starts at the centre, where a vehicle will take the group (maximum 14 people) to the vicinity of the entrance. The walking route passes through hillside farmland, pine forests and heath, lava fields, along an ancient byway, past farmsteads and threshing floors: in this way your visit is enhanced by an ethnohistorical appreciation of the surrounding area.
Basic rules for the visit:
- Wear long trousers and hiking boots or trainers.
- Always follow the guide’s instructions. Do not separate from the group.
- If you feel tired, tell your guide.
- Do not leave any litter behind you or disturb the cave. Remember this is a valuable protected ecosystem.
- No animals allowed.
- Do not disturb or remove any material.
- Each guided tour is for 14 people.
- You can book the tour either in advance through our website (https://www.cuevadelviento.net) or at the Visitor Centre.
- No children under 5 years, claustrophobia sufferers and people with mobility problems.